Table of Contents
- Yoruba: the people, culture, and oral performances
- The Yoruba inherent cultural plurality
- Identity, cultural pluralism, and cultural accommodations
- The rhetoric of similarity, indigenizing difference
- Pluralism and the new world formations
- Through a mirror of different eyes
- Mixing fiction with facts, the debate about slavery
- Waka: the dialectical essence of an Ilorin Islamic oral poetry.
Publication date: 01 Jan 2011
Publisher: Africa Research and Publications
Publication City/Country: United States
Published: Trenton, NJ : Africa World Press, 2011
Physical Description: x, 172 p. ; 22 cm.
Bibliography: Includes bibliographical references and index.
ISBN: 1592217206, 9781592217205, 1592217214 (pbk.), 9781592217212 (pbk.)